See LightCounting's Analysts at WDM & Next Generation Networking in Monaco June 17-20, 2013.
See LightCounting's Analysts at ECOC in London September 23-25, 2013.
LightCounting hosted a dinner and seminar at OFC on March 20th. To request a copy of the presentations, please email Renee@LightCounting.com.
LightCounting hosted a Webinar entitled: "State of The Optical Communications Industry - Telecom & Datacom" on October 23, 2012 at 11 AM PST. For an audio download or copies of the presentation, please email: Renee@LightCounting.com..
About Light Counting
LightCounting is a market research and consulting company focused on aiding executive management decision making at system and component companies involved with high-speed communications in the Datacom, Telecom, CATV, FTTx, and consumer markets.
We provide detailed forecasts and market analysis of industry trends, technology development and market opportunities. We analyze both the supply-side and demand-side for communications interconnects. Our analysis is based on confidential sales data provided by leading component and module suppliers and offers a unique port-based view of the industry.
Our reports and service products are designed to help executives plan and run their businesses. We support decision making based on facts and data with realistic projections. Our research covers the entire supply chain including components, modules, and systems.
Our analyst team includes industry veterans with expertise in optical components, optical systems, communication semiconductors, and network design, deployment and operation.
Research Coverage Areas
- Transceivers, transponders, and modules
- Serial and parallel optical transceivers
- Active optical cables
- Embedded board-level optics
Communications Semiconductors: 10GBase-T
Wired interconnects: CX-4 InfiniBand, Cat5/6/7 Ethernet, Direct Attach copper
Markets: Datacom, Telecom, FTTx, CATV, Consumer
- Ethernet: 1G, 10G, 40G, 100G and future coverage of 400G and 1000G
- Fibre Channel: 1G, 2G, 4G, 8G,16G, 32G and Fibre Channel-over-Ethernet (FCoE)
- InfiniBand: SDR, DDR, QDR, FDR, EDR 2.5G-25G
- SONET/SDH: OC-3, OC-12, OC48, OC-192, OC-768
- WDM: CWDM, DWDM,
- PON: BPON, GPON, EPON, Point2Point Ethernet, WD-PON
- Wireless back haul: 1G, 3G, 6G CPRI, SONET, Ethernet
- InfiniBand: Direct Attach, transceivers and active optical cables
- PCI Express: Transceivers and active optical cables
Other technologies: Silicon Photonics, Wireless Back Haul, Optical Amplifiers, WSS & ROADMS
Systems: Servers & HPCs, Switches & Routers, Telecom Systems, consumer devices